Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015

I'm getting transferred to Stoney Creek. Its by Niagara Falls. I forget my new companions name. I will meet him tomorrow. I don't know what my address is or what ward I'm assigned to yet. I will find out tomorrow. I have got all my stuff for winter. But the new area I'm in is like a bubble from the cold. It's a lot warmer then the rest of Toronto. It snowed the first time a few days ago. Love you



Thanks to Wikipedia for filling in some blanks, and giving us a preview of Elder Ditty's new area.

Stoney Creek Waterfront

The community of Stoney Creek is located on the south shore of western Lake Ontario, just east of Hamilton. As of the 2006 census, the population of Stoney Creek is 62,292. Stoney Creek is 92.72% white (European), (of which 55% had British or Irish origins, 16% Italian, 21% Croatian, Polish, Serbian, Ukrainian etc.), 3.0% South Asian, 1.0% Black, 1.0% mixed race, 0.6% Chinese. Due to the temperate environment on the western end of the Niagara Peninsula, the Stoney Creek area in eastern Wentworth County was and still is known for fruit growing. In recent decades, as the quality and reputation of Ontario wines grew, Stoney Creek became part of the fringes of the Niagara winery region.



The most scenic waterfall in Hamilton is Webster's Fall.  May be a future P Day visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment