Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015





I can see the cn tower from my apartment.

Kyle's Email to Mom
Alex is a great guy.  He came to church with us for the first hour yesterday. He's super intelligent and a devout Catholic.  He attends mass in Latin.  He was approached by the Catholics a few years ago to go train in Italy to become a high position in their faith but he didn't because he has a good job he didn't want to give up.  So it might take time for him to accept everything we believe, but I have a good feeling about it.  He regards the Book of Mormon as holy scripture.  He has been losing sleep, waking up at all hours of the night and when he wakes up he reads the Book of Mormon. He made a joke saying that Mormon missionaries have been disturbing his very comfortable life.  He wants us to teach him about genealogy tomorrow, so I'm going to bring the laminated papers you gave to me of our ancestry.  The most interesting thing I've eaten so far is cow liver ha ha. Hey,  I'm also learning how to cut my own hair.


Kyle's Email to Dad
The days are starting to blur together.  I'm starting to be able to navigate my way around town -- a little.  The mission strategy has changed.  Before we were just trying to find investigators, but now we are trying to strengthen inactives.  The activity rate in Toronto is 25% so we're trying to bring it up, and through bringing it up we hope that we will get referrals for new people to teach. Nothing really new this week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment